Are you the dream team member we are looking for?
- Can you meet deadlines without stressing yourself (or us) out?
- Are you confident and able to work on your own initiative?
- Can you take good quality photographs of your work and upload them to a website, forum or blog?
- Do you know how to showcase products effectively?
- Do you have a sense of humour?
If you have found your way here and don't know much about us, then I hope the information below answers any questions you may have. You can see our stamps and art gallery at www.elusiveimages.com and if you have any questions all our contact details are on the website under the contact us page.
Elusive Images is one of the UK’s largest art stamp manufacturers with an extensive back catalogue of over 1000 designs. As well as stamps, we design and produce the Artylicious line of printed papers and Artylicious CD Roms. We are also the UK distributors of Stampbord products.
Elusive Images is the brand name we use for products that we wholesale to trade. Graphicus is the parent company of Elusive Images and is a retailer of a wider range of art and craft materials.
We recognise the importance of having a high quality Design Team to showcase the versatility of our products and we are looking for designers with creative ideas and original flair to join our talented team.
Design Team membership runs for six months from the date you receive your first DT product pack.
Design team benefits
- 20% discount on EI stamps
- Designer discount on Graphicus products (discount varies)
- Equivalent of at least 1 A4 sheet of EI stamps per month, usually much more
- Other products from time to time, eg Stampbord, Artylicious CDs, etc
- Elusive Images DT logo for your blog or website
- Honorary DT membership of Graphicus Guild for 6 month tenure on DT
- Option to join our Affiliate scheme and earn commission
There are other intangible benefits, such as being the first to see and work with brand new product releases and being part of a close knit team of like minded designers.
Design Team Requirements
- We expect at least four to six artwork samples from each product pack we send you, with a list of materials used and one project written up with step-by-step instructions
- A clear understanding of the separate Graphicus and Elusive Images brands and assistance in promoting the Elusive Images brand
- Regular contributions to the Elusive Images Design Team blog
- Ability to work to short deadlines when necessary
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times, particularly in relation to new product launches
- Ideally you should have your own blog where you can showcase your Elusive Images DT work, or be an active member of a forum with a gallery
Although the focus is on Elusive Images products, we do expect Design Team members to be familiar with the Graphicus product range and use supporting products from brands that we stock.
It is essential that you have an email address and are happy to communicate by email.
How to apply
- Send six samples of recent work, preferably with Elusive Images products (though not necessary if you don’t own many) to us at the address below. Your work should include rubber stamps and show some versatility. One piece of artwork should be a response to one of the following challenges:
- Use a restricted colour palette of chocolate brown and aqua
Please package your artwork well when sending it to us as we cannot be held responsible for damage caused in transit. Include your name, address, contact telephone number and email address with your package and on each piece of artwork, please attach your name and a short list of materials used.
We welcome applications from countries other than Britain, and we are happy to send materials out to you. You would definitely need to have a blog or website where you showcase your work, as posting artwork samples back to the UK would get expensive!
Design Team Pro
For the professional freelance designer, we understand that free product is welcome, but you generally can’t pay your bills with rubber stamps.
We have a limited number of opportunities for paid Design Team work, particularly for authors who produce outstanding original work and can produce clear concise instructions for in house leaflets, magazine contributions, etc.
There may also be opportunities for paid demonstrating and teaching work with Elusive Images stockists.
These opportunities will be offered to existing qualified DT members as and when the need arises.
Deadline: Call is closed to UK members, but we are still looking for DT members from North America.
Please send your application to
Elusive Images DT
Unit 5, Carrosserie House
Harmire Enterprise Park
The ability to work to deadlines is absolutely vital, so no late entries will be accepted.
We will review all entries and respond to you by June 30th 2010.
The new Design Team will be announced on the Elusive Images blog in July 2010.
[Previous Design Team members are more than welcome to apply based on the new criteria outlined here.]
Please include the information below with your submission.
- DAYTIME CONTACT TELEPHONE
- WEBSITE/BLOG ADDRESS
If you have any queries relating to this DT call, please email us rather than phone. Please put EI DT in the subject line of your email and send to: glenda@elusiveimages dot com (email spelled out to try and foil the spambots).