Pin It button on image hover

Monday 4 April 2011

Just Doodling

In the latest batch of new stamps from Chocolate Baroque, there are two A5 plates called Doodle Bird and Doodle Butterfly. The Design Team got to play with these before their release date. They are lovely stamps, and some of the samples are fabulous. I thought that I would show you one of mine today.

I used three 2" Stampbord tiles, and coloured them with inks, then stamped a peacock feather stamp onto each. I triple embossed each tile with clear embossing powder. I coloured some cream seam binding ribbon with Distress reinkers and water. I used a lovely paper from the Peacock Summer Party CD, and a real peacock feather to add impact to my card.
A simple sentiment from the Damask squares stamp plate finishes the card off.
I'll be bringing you some more samples made from these lovely sets very soon, and no doubt, the other Design Team members will show you some of their beautiful creations too. Thanks for looking, Judith xx

9 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card combining stamps with backing paper and to use a real feather just adds to the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, the feather is the perfect finish:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judith, this is such a lovely card - great use of great stamps. ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely use of the peacock motif Judith. The real feather adds a very luxurious feel! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card as always Judith. Love the repeated tiles using the different soft colours. The image works beautifully with the fab papers from the cd and the feather is gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some of them Peacock Feathers- but where did I put them!!! lol
    When I find them I will have a go at something like this- it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Judith. Adding the peacock feather was inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judith, this is a beautiful card with a beautiful peacock feather. Gorgeous.
    Gr. Marja

    ReplyDelete
  9. the feather just makes the whole & really draws the eye which then wanders around the surrounding stamped detail. Love those tiles & their subtle different colours.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!