Pin It button on image hover

Friday 29 April 2011

Rainbow tree!

I have always been a great fan of the Chocolate Baroque Wild Meadow stamps, so I was excited to be sent the Teeny Weeny Meadow set ahead of release to have a play! The set contains some of the old favourites in miniature and some new images and it is one of these I have used on this card. This is the branches of a tree taken from a photograph. I have given it the Andy Warhol treatment!


I repeat stamped the tree image in black archival ink and cut out the tiles. I used at least 4 colours of ink on each tile in 6 colour families to build a depth of colour with Cut n Dry foam. I always try and leave a pale patch in the centre to get a glowing effect. I added a sentiment from the Artistic Affirmations plate embossed in teal metallic EP onto white card and the shaded with inks.The panels are matted onto hammered black card.

Needless to say I can highly recommend this versatile A6 set, as well as a number of cracking new stamp sets over on the Chocolate Baroque on line shop.

Have a happy and creative long weekend!

Elaine x

8 comments:

  1. What a great way of using these little stamps - I like the Warhol treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card, incorporating my favourite colours, and many other peoples' I'm sure! It cheers you up just to look at it. These are fabulous stamps, and so versatile. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shading Elaine and a very effective way to use this stamp. I think all of us on the DT fell in love with these useful little stamps.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very, very beautiful Elaine. I like it very much. The stamps are fabulous.
    Gr. Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Amazing!
    The Glowing Effect Really Works Well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card Elaine, I love the colours, and they look so effective together.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. the stained glass window effect is fabulous Elaine, it really glows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Elaine. Such gorgeous colours.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!