Pin It button on image hover

challenge blog link

Sunday, 18 November 2012

Tangled Garden meets Felt by Debbie

Well, my project today doesn't use card but it does involve stamps and ink. I love the versatility of stamps and immediately new that the large flower would be great stamped onto felt. It gives a great impression as there are no fiddly bits to cut out.
I used Black Stazon and stamped twice then cut them out. The centers are lots of french knots stiched with three strands of embroidery thread. A brooch back is stitched to the back so that it can be moved from the hat to my jacket. This photo gives a better view of the french knots.
We all have crafty things that we hang onto and feel they are to precious to use. I bought this fabric over two years ago and it fell into the strokable catergory. My first thought was to make a cushion but I decided the fabric was a good size for a bag.
I hope this post has inspired you to think about different ways of using your stamps. Debbie

8 comments:

  1. Lovely projects, the bag looks fab with the flowers attached & I love the centres of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous and what a great idea, the pink on your grey hat looks stunning

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea although my french knots are always a bit of a hit or miss Lol! I agree with other comment that the hat looks stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how the pink of the felt picks out the pink flowers in the material of the bag & I love the deep olive green fringe you gave the handle.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers. What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to use your stamps, and such a brilliant result! Love the hat and the bag - that fringing really sets the bag off. The french knots add a lovely dimensional touch to the flowers too. I know I've got materials I've not used yet because they're almost too nice and I keep them just to look at (crazy and such a waste!) so I'm off to plan a project or two now. Thanks for posting - just needed the push to get going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Debbie! Great job with the flowers! I love that little hat - just my style! And all those French knots! You're fingers must be raw! Beautiful, and inspiring! Clare xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!