Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Flying 'thingamajigs' (posted by Claire)

Good morning folks, Claire here with another project featuring the fabulous new Steampunk Butterfly stamps. I loved these 'batty' wings, and thought they would make a great little canvas.


I created the backgorund using acrylic paints and glimmer mists. The clouds were made by applying white acrylic paint with a sponge and then once that was dry sponging pearl acrylic paint along the underside of the clouds. You can see them a bit better in this photo:


I stamped the wings on to silver paper with black archival ink, cut them out and applied them to the canvas with matt multi medium. The 'thingamajigss' are from a box of all sorts of bits and pieces I found in the shed and I'd been saving them for a steampunk project. Apparently it is a radio valve (thanks Elaine) . I added some more wings and then 'Let the Adventure Begin' from Artistic Affirmations which I stamped on tissue paper, embossed in silver and applied with multi medium. I then gave the words a coat of rock candy crackle paint:


I edged the canvas with a sparkly mixture of UTEE, silver embossing powder, microbeads and tiny stars which I adhered with more matte multi medium and heat embossed.

I hope you're enjoying all the projects with these gorgeous new stamps, 
thanks for visiting today
Claire xx




7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! It's really great.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful - just love it. I'm old enough to remember valves in radios and just wish I'd saved some from my dad's shed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing - husband comes to me with little offerings of metal from time to time which I'm squirrelling in my craft box - so far it's been varying thicknesses of fuse wire!! Love the blue & glittery bits & don't those wings work superbly.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this looks fantastic IRL where you are able to see the texture and
    dimension, very creative !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! What creativity with the tubes! They really have a great effect on the card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!