Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 12 January 2013

A ring of roses (posted by Elaine)

When I saw the new Rose and Thistle stamps I felt another garland card coming on! I love making wreaths and garlands out of images and die cut elements.


I recently treated myself to a new set of Prisma colouring pencils and this project gave me a chance to put them through their paces for the first time. I stamped the rose panel image three times and the rose hip sprig 8 times in Olympia Green Versafine ink. I then shaded the flowers and leaves in shades of red, pink and greens. This is not one of those cards that is quick to make, but the three hours of colouring was very relaxing while watching the TV.

I then carefully cut out the images, selecting separate rose images from the panels to make as many separate elements as I could use. I mounted all the flowers and sprigs of rose hips around a sentiment from the Artistic Expressions plate stamped onto pale green card, matted onto dark green and an 8 x 8 cream card blank.

Hope you are enjoying all the inspiration from the DT with these lovely new stamps.

Elaine

6 comments:

  1. Das sieht wunderschön aus, und ist eine klasse Idee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and feminine! Wow! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunner Elaine, really beautiful and the sentiment you've used goes so well. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!