Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Asian Light (by Clare)

Hello!  Welcome to the Chocolate Baroque Blog!

For this card, I used two of the clear acrylic block-mount stamp sets, called Lily Pad and Chinese Lanterns.  These two sets go along with Moonlit Waterfall and Oriental Crane.  The main focal lantern was stamped in Versamark ink on black cardstock, then heat embossed in black for dimension.  I painted the inside of the lantern with bleach and used a white gel pen on the flowers.  I used a light green marker for the leaves. 

NOTE:  When using bleach, pour a little into a bleach-proof cup (I used a small glass cup), and it needs to be used right away, because it loses its potency quickly.  If you are using synthetic brushes to paint with bleach, you may notice that the bleach will "eat" the bristles, and you'll soon be painting with a stub.

The lantern was mounted on white cardstock with dimensionals, and then with dimensionals over the lantern trio.  I took a larger tassel from my stash apart, and used just a few strands to make this small tassel to fit.  A friend gave me a whole "bolt" of chain, which I glued onto the card with Aleene's Tacky Glue.  I had a fall garland with the golden yellow balls and fabric flowers on it, and this one came off, and I found it on the floor.  You never know where you'll find something to use on a project!  I hope you're inspired in some small way!




5 comments:

  1. Amazing with the use of bleach to make this really glow as well as the 'hal' matting technique. I love the way you used the embossed background matting too - one of the things I've been thinking about.
    That tassel looks beautiful with your garland 'offcut' or perhaps I should say 'offdrop.'
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card the use of bleach info is useful and coul explain why I've not been successful when I've tried it. I shall buy some new bleach and see if it works better

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really lovely. I haven't tried bleach on my projects before, maybe now I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great work Claire. Beautiful.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have used the bleach and the white gel pen make it really pop. Stunning card !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!