Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 10 January 2013

Dotted Rose Valentine (by Clare)

Well, Valentine's Day is right around the corner - can you believe it?!  I'm going to take the batteries out of my clocks! 

Chocolate Baroque has released a new stamp set called Rose and Thistle, and it is gorgeous!  Click on the name to go see it on the Chocolate Baroque site!  So beautiful! 

I decided to color the heart using the same technique as it was drawn, by using dots unstead of sweeps of color from a marker, or strokes of a colored pencil.  I used fine tipped markers and dotted the whole heart, using different shades to blend the colors.  I used a stencil for the fan-looking embossing, and just added a few die cut shapes, some ribbon, and a little red and silver bling to complete this valentine for my Valentine!  For the inside, I stamped the same rose heart onto burgundy cardstock, and colored it in using the same colors from the front.  It looks totally different from the front heart which was done on white cardstock.







Happy stamping, all you Sweethearts out there!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow I do love this card.
    I love the way all the DTs are using these delightful new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the way you have done your colouring, think the official term for it is pointillism. Looks really effective and like how the whole card is put together, really vintage looking x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pointillism colouring really works wonderfully with this - the leaves are just gorgeous. You're right the inside looks very different indeed. Great showcasing of this one.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, I can't believe it will soon be valentines day

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!