Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Fuschia Valentine (by Clare)

I can't believe that it will be Valentines's Day soon! But as you probably know, it's never too late too start on the next "holiday's" cards - I don't want to get behind like I did last year!

This card is made with the Fuschia Baroque Heart, a clear stamp from Chocolate Baroque's new line. There are four separate Baroque Heart stamps, but you can also buy the four as a set.  Click here for the set. 

It was an easy card to make, and I just used a hobby knife to cut around the top of the heart to "pop" it up a little.   The background was done with a swirly stencil in the same colors, and I added a little bit of die cutting to the top.  The word "Passion" is from the Butterfly Dreams stamp set. 





I've got to get to making the rest of my Valentine's, so I wish you well, and Happy New Year!

Hugs, Clare

3 comments:

  1. Spectacular with the way you have coloured the edges of the heart pink yet leaving large areas of white space. Particularly interesting to see the way you used the shape of the die-cut edging along the top to echo the drop shape of the Fuchsia flowers.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Clare, I love the pink and green colour way it makes a refreshing change from using red for valentines day

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!