Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Rococo Baroque Heart in Green & Blue (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are keeping warm.     We are coming out a deep freeze here in Ontario, Canada, but it's still winter & cold !

I have another design today featuring the beautiful new Rococo Baroque Heart.   All four of the new Baroque Hearts are gorgeous, it's hard to pick a favourite!  Fortunately they are available on a multi-buy if you can't decide.   I've enjoyed seeing the gorgeous Baroque Heart designs my teammates have been posting.


The background for this card was created using water colours (wet on wet) (I've posted a tutorial at my blog here).    After it was dry I used Crafter's Workshop Mini Chicken Wire stencil with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink.  I over-stamped a flower from Chocolate Baroque's Fantasy Meadow set with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.  The Heart was embossed with gold and coloured with my Tombow Markers.   You are a true friend is from the beautiful Pretty Poppies set.   

Thanks for your visit and have a great day,
Shirley

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty- love the dimension with the stencils and the heart is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these colours and the heart stamp is great for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, the colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous card Shirley. Yet I have seen on your blog the blue one too and they are so beautiful and colorful.
    Lovely greet Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely :)
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! i pind it! beautiful colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that overstamping of the flower on the background combined with the stencilling & how that deep colour is echoed in your sentiment & the sheer ribbon resulting in the eyes being led from the bow/knot upwards to the slatter. The gold with the yellow & aqua plus the turquoise green is beautiful & I especially like the way the yellow of the flower picks up on the hint of yellow in your water coloured base. Just so many design elements in this one.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours in card, and the amazing depth you have created with your background layers. Jean x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!