Pin It button on image hover

challenge blog link

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Colourful Tulips (by Debbie)

For my last post of the tulip stamp from the Spring is in the Air stamps, I kept it black and white. This side stepper card shows how beautiful the flower looks coloured with alcohol pens.
I started by stamping the background onto an A4 piece of white card with green ink. I scored and folded the card then added the topper and tag. For the topper I had used an old brass stencil that I was curious to see if it would emboss and was pleased with the result. The tulip is beautiful to colour and I think there are many combinations of colours to use. I made a tag and attatched to the back of the card. Thanks for visiting, Debbie

5 comments:

  1. This is such an example of co-ordinating the background with the main image panel - I love the way you've used green this time & the whole way that the tulip pops - the matting makes a super frame with the background stamping & that embossing is lovely as a surround from your stencil.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your orange tulips Debbie, they are exactly the colour of the early ones that come up in our garden! Beautiful side-step creation! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! You just can't go wrong with black and white, or a tulip! Poppies are the other flower you can't go wrong with! This is a gorgeous creation! I've been using a bit more orange and peach myself. Your coloring with the alcohol pens is perfect!

    Hugs, Clare xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is fabulous I love the black and white with the splash of colour on the tulips

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card Debbie love cas xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!