Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 9 March 2013

An Indian Theme (posted by Elaine)

I have always loved the richness of the damask themed Chocolate Baroque stamps, so the big bold background stamps are right up my street!


I used four shades of metallic EP for this background in shades of green, teal and blue. I then shaded with Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire Distress inks. I added the fan from the Paisley Elephant plate, one of my all time favourite CB sets. This was embossed and inked, with highlights added with pencils. I added little gems, flower sequins around the edge and a little elephant charm in the centre.


The flowers are made from sari ribbon, stiched into flowers with beaded centres. I saw a textile supplier at the NEC trade show recently, using the ribbon in this way and felt inspired to get out my needle and thread and have a go myself!

I made another similarly embossed and shaded card with this stamp, this time in a green colour scheme.

You can read my recipe for this card over on my own blog here.

There is plenty more inspiration coming from my DT team mates very soon!

Elaine

7 comments:

  1. Traumhafte Arbeiten, wunderschön.
    Ich bin begeistert.

    Lieben Gruß von Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. really beautiful rich colours, just stunning x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beautiful rich blues of this card and the lovely background stamp, it's gorgeous.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way your green flower picks up the greenish hue of the little flower sequins behind your elephant charm panel - that's a terrific little charm & really gives the Paisley Indian touch to your whole piece. The use of the Sari ribbon for the flowers with the beaded centres is both spectacular & unusual whilst keeping the Inidan theme going. Your two cards are very different & it's hard to credit that they are indeed made using the same background stamp - it just goes to show how versatile these stamps are going to be.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work with this lovely background stamp Elaine. The colours you chose are gorgeous and the handmade flowers stunning. I love the heart shaped card too. Both are a wonderful showcase for the versatility of the stamp.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards Elaine, I love the rich colours of the first one and the flowers too and the second card in green is lovely too and greens are among my favourite colours

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous! The rich blues in the first card are fabulous... xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!