Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 5 June 2013

White peacock (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with the first of my samples featuring the gorgeous new stamps 'Peacock Parade'. This card was inspired by a memory of a beautiful white peacock sitting on a tree branch at twilight, the white of his feathers seemed to glow in the dim light so I set to with inks and stamps to capture the effect.


I began by creating the background using distress inks (pumice stone, walnut stain, picket fence and tumbled glass) and overstamped with the feather from Tangled Peacock and embossed with WOW white EP. I stamped the peacock image on white card and embossed with white EP and added colour with distress markers and lots of water. I've added some lace and ribbon from my stash and a little paper flower.

Thanks for popping by
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. They are such glorious birds be they the whit or the blue variety & your picture certainly does the white ones justice, I always think their tails look like a wedding dress!
    There are loads of white peacocks at Scone Palace, just outside Perth in Scotland & this reminds me of my visits there.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, a nice change to see one done in white

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is stunning Claire, it's nice to see this one in white rather than the traditional colours.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Your effect is awesome. You did a lot of work here and it paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Claire, I just wish I could click for a larger view so I can really see all the lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very striking indeed - especially with the way you coloured the image panel background to really show off the white peacock. Elegantly classy & I love your matting.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Claire and really captures the the essence of a white peacock at dusk

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!