Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 28 July 2013

Pretty Poppy by Debbie

The weather this morning is certainly taking a turn here in the UK. The rain is pouring down the windows and the wind is howling through the gaps in the open windows. I needed to run out and rescue our garden parasol as it was on it's way into our neighbours garden. The gardens certainly need the rain but I hope there is still plenty of colour left when the weather settles. My card has one of my favourite flowers on, I love to see poppies spread across the fields growing wherever they seed.
The poppy is stamped with black ink and embossed with clear powder and coloured with alcohol pens. I usually trim around the stamped image and end up with a square or rectangle so to be a little different, drew a circle and cut it out. A little Antique Linen around the edges helps separate it from the doily behind. For the background I used red paper and kraft card to tie in with the main image. The current stamp of the week is the Carousel Horses and while moving furniture around the house I saw a project I made some time ago, it was hidden behind a vase. The first photograph is of the diorama I made and the second a sample card using the horses.
Many thanks for stopping by Debbie

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you've echoed the round doily & image panel with your rounded right top corner. the kraft looks beautiful with the Antique Linen & the colours of the poppy. Your final carousel horse looks brilliant with the way those ribbons echo the streamers from the pole too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!