Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Purple and Gold (posted by Judith)

Hi folks, I have another sample showcasing the Fancy Flourishes clear stamp set for you today. I have created a background by colouring a piece of glossy card with alcohol inks. I then stamped one of the flourish stamps diagonally across the card using gold embossing powder. I used two pieces of mountboard which I cut into oval shapes and coloured with Distress Inks. I stamped these with the crackle stamp from the Echoes of Italy stamp set to give them an aged feel. I stamped the large flourish onto the bigger oval, and a sentiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set onto the smaller oval.

I punched a hole into each piece of mountboard at this point. I then added three layers of ultra thick embossing enamel to each piece, so that they looked like glazed tiles. I added some jump rings between them, and stuck some gems onto the large flourish.





Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful combination, especially with the gems added to the focal flourish. It's very regal & I particularly like the way you didn't cover the whole of the background with pattern but left some "white" space. Love the crackle effect on both of those 'tiles.'
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! I love the jewel-like colours you've used. It's great that at least two of the flourish stamps will join up to make a continuous pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very jewel-like. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!