Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Gelli Landscape (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with another sample made with this months gorgeous new releases.  I was inspired to have a play with my Gelli plate after seeing Glenda's fabulous landscape project a couple of weeks ago (you can see it here)


I actually made a whole batch of backgrounds using this techniques and this was one that I wasn't really keen on until I added some distress ink. I began by using a sponge to apply some pearlesent white acrylic paint on to my gelli plate with a sponge, I then applied bronze acrylic paint with a palette knife to create the landscape. I pulled of several prints and once they were dry I added some distress inks. This one used Weathered Wood over the sky and vintage photo over the sand.
Next I stamped the lanterns (from Tranquility and Serenity) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and added colour with Graph'It Markers. I stamped the tree in with black archival ink and then added the sentiment (from Artistic Affirmations) and matted the scene on white and then grey cardstock

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. This is lovely Claire, you have made great use of your geli plate background to make this scene

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous Claire - will have to look at the landscaping link xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant and popped over to see Glenda's post I'd not thought of using a pallet knife to create scenes on gelli plate thanks for that. and your card is so atmospheric and lovely to look at x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so atmospheric with the ambience of a Sultan's garden from days gone by in the desert.- the sky looks stormy & there's a sense that a sand storm is about to strike for the tree leans as if it is being blown & the sand is being driven in clouds just above the surface of the sand. Your spacing of the lanterns gives super depth & perspective & I love your shading of them.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty scene. I hear a lot about gelli plates and haven't tried it yet. Your results are beautiful. I like the bronze acrylic paint you added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love the background you have created and the stamping is fantastic too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours you have used are so different and really dramatic, and the touches of distress ink give extra layers of interest. Having two sizes of lantern gives perspective to the scene, and I love the placement of the tree as though it is higher up a slope. The sentiment is well chosen and so apt. A lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great CaS-card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Clare.

    Hugs
    Lesley XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really interesting, and the result is stunning!!! Love this make, thank you for the details too Clare. Coco x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!