Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 30 January 2014

New stamps - Glasgow style

Firstly I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to send in an application to join our Design Team.  When I first launched the call for new Designers, I felt like an anxious hostess at a party, wondering if anyone would turn up.  Well I needn't have worried, we have received far more applications than I anticipated and it's been a real treat seeing all your artwork.

Tomorrow (Friday 31st Jan 2014) is the absolute last day I will accept any more applications, then we have the mammoth task of going through them all carefully.  Everyone who applied should have received an email from me just to acknowledge that I have received the application.  If you have sent me your application and not heard anything, please get in touch.

Now onto today's news - it's end of the month which means we are launching our February stamps!  This month we've taken Charles Rennie Mackintosh as our inspiration and our talented artist, Sue, has once again come up with a beautiful interpretation of that very classic Glasgow style.



We have Mackintosh Windows:

http://www.chocolatebaroque.com/Mackintosh-Windows-Unmounted-Rubber-stamp-sheet--A5-_p_5811.html


and Mackintosh Beauty:

http://www.chocolatebaroque.com/Mackintosh-Beauty-Unmounted-Rubber-stamp-sheet--A5_p_5812.html#

Naturally there's a money saving multi-buy if you can't choose between them.


http://www.chocolatebaroque.com/Mackintosh-WindowsMackintosh-Beauty-Unmounted-Rubber-stamps-Multi-buy--A5-_p_5813.html#



And finally, I've put together a little mini set of sentiments using some really lovely Mackintosh inspired fonts.

http://www.chocolatebaroque.com/Mackintosh-Sentiments-Unmounted-Clear-stamp-set_p_5817.html


Click on any of the images above to go to the product on the website.

This card features the lady from Mackintosh Rose, watercoloured with a mix of Distress and Memento markers (scribbled onto an acrylic block and mixed with water).


She is stuck onto an embossed panel then I've added some very subtle shading in the background using a Crafter's Workshop Template called Echoes.


Professor Polymer is busy making the Mackintosh Sentiments as fast as his little fingers will go, but we sold out of our first batch by lunchtime, so we can see this is going to be a very popular set.  Even if we are out of stock, you can still order them, just allow an extra day or two for us to process your order and get them sent.

Watch out as always for the lovely artwork coming up and have a great weekend!




16 comments:

  1. wow glenda - these look absolutely stunning - it really reminds me of my time living in Glasgow - wonderful. Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning,love these stamps.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning new designs Glenda, I'm really enjoying exploring your stamp collection...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing new Stamps Glenda (ordered mine already), they will make a great addition to all my other CB stamps.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very striking Glenda - my first ever unmounted set of stamps was your Mackintosh Baubles so these have gone straight onto my wish list! I'm glad you've had a good response to the DT call too. As for your card I love the subtle mixture of the red & pink. Your background embossing really fits with the Mackintosh 'gridded' style as does the TCW Echoes stencilling. Wouldn't this make a super wedding card with a different sentiment?
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The he's new stamps are brilliant Glenda and I especially love the sentiment ones. I love your card it's very elegant

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Glenda, love the gorgeous image and those stamps look fabulous. Will have to wait until pay day, another item for my wish list :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely new stamps Glenda, and so stylish. This beautiful lady is my favourite I think, and I like the pinks and reds you have used to go with her, also the stencilled background has the look of the Mackintosh Rose. The way you have kept the background quite muted and unfussy complements the style wonderfully, and I like the way you have produced some nice sentiments to go with them. These new stamps have made it even harder for me to choose which to get. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this stamp set. The card showcases the lady very well. Good luck with sorting through all the applications. Can't wait to see who's picked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning stamps, I have loved Mackintosh style since I was little and I especially love the roses above. Another set for my birthday list xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glenda - these stamps are beautiful! I ADORE Mackintosh & had a wonderful trip to Glasgow some years back, visiting the gorgeous Willow Tea Rooms & the Glasgow School of Art; I think CRM was definitely a man before his time - his designs are ageless, yet so modern.

    Have ordered all 3 sets already - even though I'd promised myself this year not to buy so many stamps :-( Oh well, I did really, really NEED these ones, honest!

    Never mind, just a few more to add to my STABLE - stash above & beyond life expectancy :-)
    Looking forward to receiving them & playing!!

    all the best, Liz M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card and these new stamps are absolutely gorgeous!!... Hugs, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't normally adore the month's new stamps straightaway but these really called to me.I love the Mackintosh style and I love roses, though perhaps not as much as my elder daughter, It's her 40th.birthday in May and I've been on the lookout for images for a card that would combine roses and Art Nouveau which she also loves: I need look no further! I think I shall use the beautiful lady with the rose bouquet as the focal point but I must use some of the window-like images too. This will be a wonderful them plate to work with all the year round.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, that should read"order",though" adore" makes a kind of sense!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I have not been able to keep up for a couple of days and look what you did - I love these Glenda, really stunning stamps! Beautiful, really beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!