Pin It button on image hover

Friday 3 January 2014

Tranquil Tags (by Debbie)

Happy New Year and all the best for the coming year. I have made a couple of tag cards from the firstly Tranquility Stamps and any one with an eagle eye will spot I mixed the wording up on them, so sorry if I've confused. The two sets work so beautifully together it's hard not to use a combination of both.
I started with stamping the Buddha Lady sitting on the stones with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured her with Alcohol Pens. I then cut a paper circle to mask a moon and laid over the image. Tumbled Glass Distress Ink was used for the sky and I was careful to not put to much ink over the area already coloured. The branches from the tree on the Serenity set is ideal for framing the scene.
The second tag is made from stamps from the Serenity set. Again, I started by stamping the main images of the water flowers and the lantern and coloured with pens. For the water and hills I used torn paper as masks with sponges and various colours of distress inks. I love the moon rising against a pink/blue sky of a sunset. Many thanks for visiting. Debbie

12 comments:

  1. Lovely delicate colouring and such peaceful scenes. I really like the touch of black in the matting, lovely contrast. I can imagine these lovely tags forming the centrepiece of a really pretty card too. Thanks for your hard work on the DT and the inspiration you give. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these tags really evoke the sense of an oriental garden & the way you have made each a different time of day adds to the sense of harmony. Your base tag colour is beautifully echoed by your colouring on each tag & I love the way you have used those leaves for framing the image in the first example. Your touch of blue on the outermost edges of your sponged sky is so effective & I particularly like the way those blossoms extend partially across the sun.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning - both are so peaceful - love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breautiful. Your scene work is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely tags they are fabulous
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both tag cards, both are beautiful to look at and would suit different occasions, the team really are showing off these stamps just beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so beautiful. That really is a nice stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very beautiful, both are gorgeous! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Tags Debbie, you have showcased these stamps beautifully and can't wait for mine to arrive so I can play.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of these tags. I like the bold treatment of the first, with the orange and blue and the foliage framing the scene, and the bright white moon framing the figure. The second is lovely too, with softer tones, again framed by the lovely blossoms and the nice hint of pale green hills, with a softer moon and the lantern in a nice soft tone to match. I like the way the colours of card for the tags match so well, and the extra layer of black gives a nice definite edge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to win the Lotto so I can buy these gorgeous stamps! They are so stunning and the art work your DT has shared with us is fabulous and very inspiring xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! The colours make then even more special!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!