Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Into every life a little rain must fall .... (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with another sample using the beautiful Fantasy Castles, I love this castle image I combined it with the cloud stamps from Magical Landscapes to create a rainy scene.


I coloured the image with distress markers and used Walnut Stain distress ink around the edges of the image. I matted it up on some dark brown card and layered it up over square of card with a brick effect made using a Crafters Workshop Template and distress inks. Again I matted on brown card and layered up over a more muted background made with more distress inks and a brick stamp from Abstract Fragments. The sentiment is on of my all time favourites and is from Loving Sentiments. To finish of I've added a little seam binding bow and an umbrella charm from my stash.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. Apart and super combination! Beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card and a great way of demonstrating how to put different stamps together
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning creation loving these stamps. Love the cute charm too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous creation Claire,love this.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the brickwork echoes the bridge-like battlements & the roofs of the turrets. The cloudy sky has amazing dimension & I love the little umbrella charm - a very thoughtful touch in the whole design. The seam binding echoes the river water beautifully.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. a real gem Claire - loving that image - the rain clouds look awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great creation Claire I love it although it is raining again!!! Great colours and scenery!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heel mooi kaartje waar heel veel op te zien is .
    Liefs Rianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card shows the different effects which are achievable with these stamps just by changing the colour palette. To me this says an Autumn or early Winter scene. I like the two different brick effects in the background and that touch of brightness with the gold embossed sentiment, also the layered seam binding ribbon, cord and umbrella charm which finishes it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been unwell for a couple of days but knew I wanted to come and catch up to see what the DT have created and shared.
    Beautiful card. This one reminds me of Russian buildings/cathedrals! I love all the little stamping details x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant creation all matches so well and super layers x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perhaps France here in countryside. Rustic rural yet grand love it and the background and embellies suit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card with wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!