Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 29 March 2014

Just for Mum (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, I have two cards for you today, using the lovely stamp of the month sets and the For Mum clear stamp set.

My first card was created using a wrinkle free distress background on watercolour paper. I added some detail by using a mask and sponging some colour with Distress Ink. I stamped the small honesuckle stamp from the Elegant Edges stamp set over the background in toning colours. I used the large honeysuckle stamp from Fragrant Honeysuckle which I stamped onto a piece of oval watercolour paper and coloured with Distress Markers.

I added some ribbon, and embossed Crealie butterflies to finish.


My second card was created by stamping the two Hollyhock stamps across a pencil line onto some green paper. I coloured the images using Polychromos pencils. I stamped the central image onto a piece of white card, and again coloured this with pencils. I wanted to hint at the patchwork nature of the stamps, so added stitching, using my sewing machine, lace, and buttons, to the centre of my flowers. The flowers are made from handmade paper, simply brushed lightly with Distress inkpads. The stamps, other than the sentiment were taken from the Patchwork Landscape stamp set.





These beautiful stamps have made creating my Mother's Day cards very easy this year, and I hope that they will make two Mums very happy. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

17 comments:

  1. Good morning Judith, both cards are beautiful. The second one is really stunning; gorgeous colours & I love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Judith I love both cards a lot, especially the use of your soft colours !!! The second one is my favorite!!The patchwork on the tree looks like little clouthes in the sky, wonderfull design too!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are gorgeous Judith and as a Mum I would be delighted to receive either of them. Beautiful designs for both of them.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Judith I love them both.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work on both of your cards. The backgrounds really capture my interest. Your main images are coloured beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are so beautiful Judith. Such lovely embellishments. So soft and feminine.
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these cards are so beautiful Judith. Such lovely embellishments. So soft and feminine.
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are just beautiful Judith, love the soft pastels on the second card and the colour combination on the first card is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards Judith,love them both.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the matching of the large Honeysuckle stamp from Fragrant Hoenysuckle with the smaller one from the new set. The criss-cross of your ribbon echoes the stencilled background beautifully too. It's the second one that I absolutely love - those Hollyhocks are just wonderful & I love the way you have coloured the patchwork tree. Quite delightfully restful.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 very beautiful cards Judith.. Love them both, Px

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are both so pretty. The first with the larger Honeysuckle from an existing set coupled with the new smaller stamp in the background which has such lovely soft colours and lovely use of stencils, and then the dark butterflies as a striking finale. The second with the stylised Patchwork Landscape stamps but used again in quite soft tones is so elegant, and finished with those two sweet little flowers. Two perfect Mother's Day cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two very pretty cards, Judith. Love the soft delicate colours... perfect for any Mum.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Mother's Day cards! Love the honeysuckle and hollyhock stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love especially the second one, fantastic wow!!! Happy Sunday everyone. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Want/need these stamps! Thank you for sharing they are fabulous Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both beautiful, but the second one has blown me away!! So soft and feminine, perfect for Mothers Day! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!