Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 29 May 2014

Announcing our June Stamps of the Month


It's that time of the month again and I'm delighted to announce our new stamps for June.  We have the Briar Rose Butterfly:

http://www.chocolatebaroque.com/Briar-Rose-Butterfly-Unmounted-Rubber-stamp-sheet--A5_p_6119.html#

and the Harebell Butterfly:

http://www.chocolatebaroque.com/Harebell-Butterfly-Unmounted-Rubber-stamp-sheet--A5_p_6120.html

and it wouldn't be right if we didn't offer the two as a money saving multi-buy:

http://www.chocolatebaroque.com/Briar-Rose-ButterflyHarebell-Butterfly-Unmounted-Rubber-stamps-Multi-buy--A5_p_6128.html

I thought I'd give you a quick breakdown of how I made this card as it is actually a fairly quick card to put together.


  1. Choose two or three Distress Stains in colours that go together (eg Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac) and put a few dabs of each onto a non stick craft mat or acrylic block.
  2. Mist with water, then place a piece of card onto the resulting puddle to transfer the ink.
  3. Dry the card with a heat tool and repeat if you want more colour.
  4. Stamp some of the foliage from Briar Rose Butterfly around the edges  of your card in soft, coordinating colours (I used Archival Blue Violet and Viridian).
  5. Stamp the harebell  and some of the grasses in black and colour with pencils or markers.  
  6. Sponge a little dark ink around the edge of the card (in my case I used Deep Purple Archival ink) and stick onto a toning cardstock mat.
  7. Stamp the briar rose butterfly onto a scrap of pink and cut out the butterfly.  Stick your stamped panel onto your card, attach the butterfly (just glue the body to let the wings stand proud) and finish with a stamped sentiment (check out our Amazing Birthday clear stamp set).

If you make a few backgrounds in advance, you can put this together in ten minutes.

The stamps are on offer at the moment and if you haven't already spotted it, you can now choose to buy our stamps as either unmounted sheets or as cling mounted and cut out for you ready to play with straight out of the pack.  Click here to read about the different options.

Happy stamping!



19 comments:

  1. love the colours and the misty watery background - these stamps are definitely on my need list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think butterflies are always a winner, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning make and stunning stamps - i was fixef on what i was going to order on friday ..... now i'm not sure lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. More stunning must have's Glenda. I love them along with the new summer fairies, off to place my order now.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have more butterfly stamps than any other type of stamps and these are winners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Glenda. Love the background you have created and how you have used the smaller stamps off the sheet. Fabulous stamp designs as always.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these new stamp sets and it's nearly a new month so maybe I will treat myself. That's such a pretty card you have made as well Glenda
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous stamps! Loving the card it is beautiful.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is so gorgious, I really , really love your background and the your stamps joice!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful new stamps Glenda, and who doesn't love butterflies. The background mix of colours and then the use of some of the smaller stamps to frame the topper is lovely, and the harebells complete this gorgeous scene. The sentiment in blue to match the card, and that pretty pink butterfly are the perfect finishing touch. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great new stamp sets. They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful card & lovely images on the new stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love butterflies, and think this is a wonderful set. Glenda's example rocks my world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These two stamp sets are what I would call 'Classic Chocolate Baroque' with their unmistakable melding of butterflies & florals. I love the fact that across the two stamp sets you have included several sizes & poses of the exact same butterfly (species I suppose scientifically). The mixture of solid & line flower stamps is another trademark feature of CB! I do like your combination of 'white space' with the complicated feature panel making such a balanced composition.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely! I wish I had some money!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is so beautiful Glenda. I love, love this stampset It is allready on my wishlist. For sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card, so perfect, thanks for sharing the details too Glenda. And the new stamps are very beautiful!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought I had enough flowers and butterflies but I was wrong! These stamps are delightful with their combination of butterflies and delicate wild flowers and grasses. A really Summery set.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have just ordered this stamp set and was looking for inspiration while I wait for them to arrive. I love this card it is something different,and the background is really special. Thank you

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!