Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 4 May 2014

Fabulous Flappers - By Florence

Hi everyone

Thank you to everyone for calling in and for your lovely comments on the previous posts.  They are truly appreciated.   It is always great to hear from our CB family.

I am so excited!!!!  The Fabulous Flappers are amazing.  All credit to Sue who designed these stamps.  They are a stampers dream and absolute delight to use.

You don't need to take my word for it, you can tell how wonderful and versatile they are by looking at the incredible projects from the DT. 
I have always loved Art Deco styles and the artwork by people such as Erte and George Barbier so I didn't think twice about taking my inspiration from those artists to make my cards.

I have mixed and matched some other Chocolate Baroque stamps with the Fabulous Flappers.

I hope you like them.




I started off by making masks of all my ladies using some masking tape.
I used white coated card stock and Black Staz-On ink.

I stamped my (yellow) lady and covered her with a mask.

I then stamped the (blue and red) lady so that she appears behind the (yellow) lady.

Leaving the masks on both of the ladies, I stamped the pillar bases (The pillar bases are from the retired Antiquities set) at the top and bottom.

I then drew two lines using a micron pen to create a column connecting the bases.

I masked off the edges of the column and added some distress marks using one of the Abstract Fragments background stamps.

I stamped the decorative corner (from the New England Winter set) and then just added some straight lines, again using the micron pen, to tie everything in and to ground the ladies.

Whilst everything was masked off I added some blue distressing ink to the background.

I removed my masks and colored my images in.

To finish off I just added some bling and a flower flourish which I made using a die.







For my second card I used exactly the same technique as above using lots of masks.

I started by stamping and masking the lady.

I then stamped the pillar and masked it.

With all of the masks in place, I colored my card with Wild Honey distressing ink and stenciled on some patterns using Rusty Hinge distressing ink.

I then stamped my peacock.  Do check out the Peacock Stamps available from Chocolate Baroque. They are one of my hot picks to go with the Flapper Ladies.

I removed all of the masks and colored my images with my jumbo felt pens.

I used some of the little flowers from the flower vase to create a climbing flower around the pillar.
Again I added some bling and a florish.




My third card was the result of some incorrect stamping on my part.

I stamped and masked my ladies as above but then went and smudged the Chinese Lanterns.
So, being a great believer in waste not want not, I cut around my images and used them separately.

I attached a piece of pretty paper to my base card and then added all of the little stamped pieces to create a scene.
It was a case of adding a bit here and there to see what evolved.
The lanterns are from The Chinese Lantern set.
The bush in the Urn is the small tree from the Patchwork Landscape set.
The pattern on the pillar is a stamp from the Abstract Fragments.

That is all from me today. 
Take care and happy stamping.

Florence x




16 comments:

  1. wow Florence - these really are stunning - love them to bits! All of the cards are amazing but I love the last one best of all! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely illustration of what can be done with one basic layout & how different it can look with the alteration of a few elements - even one of those (un)fortunate accidents turning into an advantage. I love the use of the 'bling' in the first & how an element is used for the clasp of the lady's sash. The masking & grounding of the images in the first two is especially impressive. It's the colours & the the way the Flapper's hand extends to echo the peacock's proud stance that makes the second my favourite of all 3.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Florence three absolute stunners. I love how you've conbined them with each other and the pillars also the lovely depth of colour.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Florence these are absolutely AWESOME! I love the rich vibrant colours and the images are fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards I love how you have coloured the ladies in bright bold colours next to the much paler background it is very effective and really makes the ladies stand out

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are reeally amazing cards Florence, they are so beautiful , I really love the images and the colours, great ART!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three great cards Florence. Gorgeous vibrant colouring and smashing ideas here. That column works a treat, I love the way you have wrapped the foliage around the column and that peacock is a perfect match in design. As Paula said I do like the way you have added the jewel to the first design and the lanterns work beautifully in your final colourway. Super work and great inspiration. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine, I am blaming you for my purchase of the Chinese Lanterns. I had to buy them after seeing the card you made with them that was on the forum!! :)
      Flo xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you everyone for such lovely comments. They are truly appreciated.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these great cards! The backgrounds are so perfectly for the bright-coloured ladies! You did them justice by giving the cards that Art Deco style-feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous. I love the columns and even the peacock. They all work together like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these, especially the way you have combined various stamps - and the column looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The use of masks has made these cards so effective. I like the bold vivid colours used as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the colours are so vibrant and rich, and I love the way you have worked in other stamps as well. I particularly like the pillar on all three cards, and the silhoutte peacock is good too and this card also has the pretty trailing flowers which echo the shape and colour of the flowers the lady is holding. I think the colours you have used in the third card are my favourites as I really love the peacock blue and the jade green. Adding the different elements on to this card over that nicely understated background works perfectly. I also like the added flower and flourish which you have used on the first two cards. All three cards are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly amazing cards, Flo. Stunning colours and gorgeous backgrounds.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of these are stunning Florence! If you had not have said about the error we would never know about it, lol! It's definitely a weakness in paper artistes that we talk about our mistake before grudgingly admitting that it is a good card, apart from the mistake lol!
    You also use colours beautifully and boldly! Stunning cards, thank you for sharing Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!