Today I would like to introduce you to our Guest designer, Mary Draper. Mary has designed this beautiful, delicate card which I know you are going to enjoy
Neenah card or other stamping card
Memento - Tuxedo Black
Lilac mirri card
Promarkers – Forest Green, Pear, Aubergine, Amethyst, Orchid, Magenta, Cerise, Pink Carnation, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Tulip Yellow - or marker/pencils of your choice
Distress Inks – Dusty Concord, Picked Raspberry
Ink Duster, sponge or blending tool
Dry transfer lettering
- About 4cm in from the edges of the Neenah card lightly draw a square measuring 8cm with a pencil. Stamp sround this on each side using Tuxedo Black and the floral spray image, judging where the end leaf and the beginning of the spray are. Rub out the pencil lines and cut out a square around the image. This will probably measure about 13.5 cm. Tip: You may want to try this out on some copier paper first so that you can practise the spacing.
- Using Tuxedo Black stamp the violin in the centre of the design
- Use Promarkers, or markers/pencils of your choice, to colour the image.
- Take the ink duster, sponges or a blending tool, and the distress inks, and add colour to the background.
- Cut out a square of mirri card. This should have a side length 8mm longer than your image square.Cut the white card stock to form a rectangle 6 inch by 12 inch. Score down the centre and fold to form a 6 inch square card.
- Assemble the card as shown. (Square card, mirri card and finally image)
- Apply the dry transfer lettering in a wavy line to imitate floating musical notes.
A big thank you from us for your wonderful design Mary. Your idea for stamping the flower circle is excellent, will definitely have to try that one myself. I know Mary would welcome your comments and if you want to see more of her gorgeous artwork then please visit Drapers Creations.