When time is short and you need a card in a hurry then a clean and simple look is all you need. So today I want to show you a quick card using the Punky Hearts stamp set.
- Trim approximately 2" off the short edge of an A4 piece of white card and fold in half.
- Mask off a strip down the front of the card, setting it slightly off centre.
- Ink up the crackle stamp from the Echoes of Italy stamp set using Peacock Feathers Distress ink and stamp randomly over the masked strip.
- On a piece of 160gsm card colour an area large enough for the image you wish to use with a bright red alcohol marker.
- When dry stamp the heart from Punky Hearts with Versamark. Emboss with a turquoise embossing powder. Cut out and set aside.
- Using the offcut from the card stamp the sentiment from Amazing Birthday with Peacock Feathers. Trim to suit and run the inkpad around the edges.
- Add 3d foam to both the heart and the sentiment strip and assemble as illustrated.
We don't always have the right coloured card or paper for our projects and I find that using alcohol markers on a decent weight stamping card is a quick and easy substitute. Whilst creating a patterned strip behind your focal image keeps the weight down for postage and is a neat alternative to using ribbon.
As usual there are more stunning samples to come from our talented Design Team, so please keep popping back to keep up with all their fab ideas.