Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 3 January 2015

Everyone should have a Heart (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have some heart-related makes to show you today, suitable for those occasions where a bit of romance might be involved; Anniversaries, Valentine's, etc. I am working with the Punky Hearts and Fluttering Hearts stamp sets, and want to show you how versatile these sets can really be.

My first card is a very quick card for those occasions when you do not have much time to make something. I stamped a large flourish from the Butterfly Dreams stamp set onto a small square card using brown ink. On a piece of scrap paper from my stash, I stamped the apple and half of the butterfly from the Fluttering Hearts stamp sheet. I used waterbased markers to ink the stamps, enabling me to get the multi-toned effect. I also stamped a half butterfly directly onto the card. I cut the images out and attached them to the card, and finally added the sentiment in the bottom corner.
 My next card is again very CAS in style, as I wanted to create a masculine card suitable for an Anniversary or Valentine's card. I masked off a large area of the background, leaving only a horizontal strip showing, and then stamped the area with the floral heart using black ink, covering it with clear embossing powder. I then added some colour using three different tones of Distress Inks, before removing the paper masks. I stamped and embossed the heart once more onto a piece of kraft card, before cutting it out, and adding it to my design with 3D foam pads. Finally, I added a sentiment from the Words of Love stamp set and matted my background onto black card.
 My last project is a mixed media tag, using a real mixture of stamps, which I love to do when creating my projects. Full details of how I made this tag can be found on my blog if you are interested.

 I hope that I have given you some inspiration with my projects. Keep checking back every day to see what my Team mates have come up with, they have some delightful projects to show you. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

13 comments:

  1. Hello Judith
    I like the 1st card for its colour, and CAS look...love the Butterfly!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cleaness of the first card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the second card and the tag! The first card is nice too, just love the colours in the other projects more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects Judith. The heart on the tag is simply amazing. Love the patina effect you have created. I want to try one of those tfs.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if it was a quick card my favourite of those projects is the first - your hanging of the apples from the flourish is a brilliant idea & I particularly like your spacing of them & the butterfly across the whole design which is then beautifully balanced by your sentiment. The colours combined with the white space just tick all my boxes. Your second card - as you say - will be perfect for a man whilst still expressing the 'love/romance' theme. I particularly like your choice of colours for the horizontal strip & the way you used the heart for both the focal image & as the background stamping (I had to look quite hard to discern the heart outlining. The way you've hooked the chain of your heart through the ribbon 'hole' is super & the harlequin element plus the shape of the artichoke's leaves of your background stamping very effective in bringing out the harlequin detail of your heart.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three wonderful makes Judith and the hearts hanging from the swirl could even be considered a Christmas theme with different colours, but it is very pretty in those colours. The masked off second card with the heart stamped along the strip and then applied separately as a topper is beautiful, and the colours are really soft and subtle. The tag has a lot of elements to it and the placing of the heart with the chain disappearing through the hole in the top makes it look as though the ribbon is holding it up and is a clever design idea too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all lovely, very different from each other and most inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three lively makes Judith your first card is stunning, I love how you have hung the hearts from that flourish and added the butterfly. I like the other card and the heart on the tag is fabulous.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great CAS-cards; love the modest colours on the first and the warm ones on the second! The background of your tag is a beautiful one again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three great projects Judith. I love the use of the flourish in the first, made me realise I don't think I have ever used that stamp from my set! I will put that right very soon! The contrast of the apples and butterfly is great. I love the masking on the second, the love word is another favourite stamp of mine! The colour and texture on your tag is gorgeous! Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow to that tag! They are all gorgeous, but the tag especially.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three beautiful pieces Judith, all so different the blue heart is very striking x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!