Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 31 January 2015

Steampunk Valentines (by Shirley)

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I have two designs to show today using the fabulous new Punky Hearts set.


The card above has a batik painting look to it (at least to me it does).   I used Sapphire Distress spray in the background.  I stamped gears from Steampunk Butterfly with Sapphire & Mahogany Distress Inks.

Next I stamped the roses with Cobalt Archival ink and bleached (using bleach, water & brush and blotting with a paper towel roll) where I wanted to paint.   I used Distress Paints to colour and highlighted a little with a white pen.   I embossed with a cog folder on the white mat.

 And below is the large steampunk heart from the fabulous set:


I created the small background with Tea Dye, Tattered Rose and Bronze Distress Stain Sprays but you could also use Distress Inks.     I stamped using the hearts with Walnut Distress Ink and painted with copper acrylic paint using a harlequin stencil.

The large heart was embossed with copper and painted with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress ink (using water and ink on my craft mat).

The large background was created with Broken China Distress Paint and stamped with a fragment from Harlequin Fragments with Broken China Distress Ink.

My husband likes both of these designs, I think I'll give him the bottom one.

Thanks for your visit and have a great Valentines Day!
Shirleyx

5 comments:

  1. Love the colour combo of your bottom card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous, no wonder your husband likes them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first is very vivid with the lovely embossed white backdrop echoing the stamped the gears of the blue background. The bleached images have a super luminance about them & they look as if they are reaching for the light which seems to me to be coming from the top right. It's your use of the harlequins in the second that catches my eye & I particularly like the coppery sheen contrasting with the duty brown & your aqua segments.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. The bleaching sounds like a lot of work, and it paid off. I like your bottom card too. The embossing adds a lovely flare. I've been embossing a little more lately myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards; the both have such beautiful backgrounds and the texture and embossing on the second is gives it a real metal feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!