Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 28 February 2015

On kraft paper (by Maria)


Hello crafters, here are some more samples with the Sketchy Doodle Flowers stamp set.





This time, I have made you some samples on kraft paper.  Using Versafine black ink on your stamps, stamp the flowers on some kraft paper. My white cardstock is 30cms x 11cms. I folded it in two so that I had a card of 15cms x 11cms. I took some larger kraft paper stamped my flowers, and looked at how I could  take the best part of the card and cut it out 1cm less than my cardstock so, 14cms x 10cms. I coloured the flowers with pencils and the white part I coloured with my white gelly pen. I placed the sentiment on a free spot, put some golden pearls for the contrast, then I took some black cardstock to frame the kraft paper with. I put it all on my white card. I hope you like these cards, they were very easy to make, enjoy!

Greetings,
Maria

11 comments:

  1. Twee prachtige kaarten. Heel stoer ook.
    Groetjes,Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria. I really like the simplicity of your two cards and the colours are lovely on the kraft card. Beautiful.
    Carole C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card, I love the effect on the craft card

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the more subdued colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A terrific idea & beautifully matted with the white & black for framing & to enhance the white & black components. I particularly like the second one with the way the Mackintosh dotted font echoes the dots in stamped images. I like the way you have shown two different ways of colouring - one with a halo of white & the other without.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never think to use my Kraft paper. Your cards are gorgeous on it. Love the black matting. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea to use kraft paper Maria and the off the edge look works beautifully. I love the colours you have used for the flowers and the pearls are a good complementary colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally stunning, I must give this style of card a go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zo mooi! Met die rustige achtergrond komen ze helemaal tot hun recht!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!