There are times when we want to give a hand made card but time is of the essence and when you are up against the clock is usually when your mojo has gone into hiding! Know that feeling? Me too, I knew that I was scheduled for today's blog post however we were spending a wonderful Easter break with Glenda and Adrian; time was running out.
- Stamp the Ladys Slipper Orchid with Vintage Photo Distress ink onto smooth white cardstock.
- Using a fine detail waterbush start brushing the colour from the inked outline of the orchid head.
- Work through the whole flower and, if necessary use a heat gun to ensure the image is dry.
- Cut around the lace edge and mount onto contrasting card with 3d foam.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Amazing Birthday clear set with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.
- Fold an A4 piece of cream cardstock in half and trim to size. Add the ribbon and attach the topper with double sided adhesive tape.
TIP: Use a very light touch and a semi dry water brush with this technique (keep a piece of kitchen towel to hand so that you can take off excess water from the brush). By not flooding the image with water you can be more precise in the colouring and shading. Also, start with the head of the flower and work your way down to avoid smudging the leaves.
So the next time you're in a hurry why not give it a try.
Thank you for dropping by today and don't forget you can see new artwork every day created by the wonderful design team.