Good morning, I hope you have been enjoying this months sewing theme. Today I have two cards created from the two new sets that Chocolate Baroque have to offer which are The Floral Mannequins and The Sewing Room. I have used elements of both sets on both of my cards.
I tried to keep this floral card as clean and simple as possible which I generally find quite hard to do. The floral ribbon has been stamped with Sepia Versafine and coloured with pencils. The three lace flowers have been decoupaged and stamped with blue Versafine onto light-blue card and the leaves were die cut from green card which I had previously stamped with the ruffled ribbon from the Floral Mannequins and one of the vintage mannequins from the Sewing room. I think the sentiment is very fitting for the card and comes from the Mackintosh Clear Sentiments set.
My second is a DL card and is created using basic masking techniques and again I have taken stamps from both sets. I started by stamping the button, thimble and cotton reel onto multiple layers of sticky notes so that when I cut them out I had more than one of each mask. I then applied a length of masking tape from top to bottom and approx. 3 cm in from the edge of the card before stamping the button, thimble and cotton reel, remembering to cover with masks as I went along. After stamping I coloured the panel with Marigold and Mustard Seed Distress ink, then moved the masking tape so that it covered the coloured panel. You can then start stamping the Peacock Feather Distress ink panel. This panel is very much easier and doesn't require any masking. I stamped a selection of the haberdashery items along with the lacy ribbon using grey Versafine before sponging on the Peacock Feather Distress Ink.
On a separate piece of card I stamped some of the haberdashery items using the grey Versafine before over stamping the vintage mannequins with black Versafine. I then coloured them with pencils before cutting out and adding them to the card with silicone glue.
The finished panel was mounted onto the base card that I had edged with Black Soot Distress Ink.
Thank you for stopping by and we hope to see you tomorrow with some more Design Team inspiration.