Well here we are, almost the end of another month. We have had the longest day already and with a distinct lack of Summer sun I think it is time we all went a little exotic.
Today sees the launch of our July Stamps of the Month and both A5 sets are themed around the glorious Bird of Paradise.
First we have As Free as a Bird
followed by A Little Bird Told Me
and, of course, both stamps are available as our usual money saving multi-buy
The elegance and majestic nature of these images are a treat for those of you who find calm and peace in colouring your stamped designs. And with the subject matter you can be as flamboyant with your colour choices as you wish. And don't forget that those swirly tails make great corners and stunning backgrounds.
The card I have made illustrates how you can combine patterned paper with stamping and colouring.
- Using a background paper from the new Crafty Individuals Paper Pad, Weekend in Seville, stamp the bird from A Little Bird Told Me directly onto the paper using Versafine Onyx Black.
- Stamp just the body of the bird onto a self adhesive label and colour him according to your taste (I used Faber-Castell Aquarelle and Polychromos pencils).
- Fussy cut the bird, peel of the backing and stick into place matching up with the stamped image on the background paper.
- Stamp the two birdcages and use a black fineliner and rule to give the illusion of them hanging.
- Add the sentiment, mat and layer on to red card and then on to a folded 7" square white card.
I am sure you are going to love playing with these and there are masses of inspirational projects to come over the next month from our brilliant Design Team girls. So keep watching and enjoy.