Pin It button on image hover

Monday 6 July 2015

As free as a bird (by Miranda)



Hi there,

Today it's my turn to show you what I have done with these new beautiful birds and birdcages........I've mainly used the 'Free as a bird' sheet but also used some of the birdcages of the ' a little bird told me'.

I have used a background made with fluid inks, like Ecoline on watercolor paper. 
I have stamped the 3 birds of the ' as free as a bird' sheet using green and purple Memento inks. Than I extend the branches by drawing with a black fineliner 0.1 mm. Than I stamped the birdcages using black ink. In the two corners I have stamped a fragment of the bird with flowers and leaves.
Than the fun started.....colouring with color pencils and some accents with a white marker.
The sentiment is from the ' a little bird told me' sheet.






Hope to have inspired you with this one and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Thanks for your visit and till next time,


17 comments:

  1. Heel bijzonder die achtergrond! Het zijn niet de kleuren, maar de vormen die me doen denken aan gemarmerd papier... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hij is echt schitterend, niet te veel, precies goed. En die kleuren, magnifiek.
    Groetjes,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miranda !
    Love the touches of white against the green!
    Wonderful colours too!
    Take care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  4. just stunning, love the colours and the white accents x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous - I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and missed the start of the new offerings - looks like I'm in for a lot of great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. The colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Miranda this is so beautiful and love the colours and fluidity of tbe background and the way the colours blend seamlessly together! The pencilwork is so pretty and I love the touches of white with the marker too. Who would ever think that a plain stamped image could end up looking like this! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this piece. Great colors, and I think I must get those birds of paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Miranda this is fab, I love the way those colours just merge into one another and you have great movement in your piece too with the birds and their glorious tails
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my Miranda - these are amazing - the colour looks airbrushed - beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, the colours are gorgeous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always can identify your fabulous creations .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Miranda, if only I could do this it is fantastic, what wonderful colours and blending and the images are fabulous, I just love it,Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning Miranda! Fabulous background & colouring.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all lovely ladies! Always a joy to read your comments! xMiranda

    ReplyDelete
  16. in een woord super wat een kleurenpracht. groetjes Ballie ( Bennarda)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!