Pin It button on image hover

Friday 17 July 2015

Blue bird on a Damask background (by Miranda)


Hi there,

This is my 2nd take with the new beautiful birds from ' a little bird told me'. Just love them as I love birds in general! They have a special meaning in my life.........I've used the lovely Dusky Damask stamp sheet for the background.

I have worked on canvas paper and used some fluid inks like Ecoline, like to work with them very much. I am getting very messy but it's nice to let the inks flow and create beautiful patterns. On the left bottom corner I pulled out the ink by spraying my clean stamp with water and hold it onto the paper from a while. When you lift the stamp and blot the paper with a kitchen towel the magic happens......
At the right upper corner I have stamped with the white Ecoline, you could also use the white Distress paint or Dylusions paint.


Also made a technique tile and used the triple embossing technique. You can also die cut a shape you like from grunge board or chipboard. 
First I have blended the tile using Distress ink Peacock feathers. Than I've partially stamped the Dusky Damask fragment on the tile using Chipped Saffire. Than you press the tile into your Versamark pad and emboss it with a clear embossing powder. Repeat the last action 2 times. Ink up your stamp with Versamark and when the 3rd layer is still hot you press your stamp into it, leave for a few seconds and than carefully remove your stamp. Add some perfect pearl powder into the impression.



Hope to have inspired you with this one!
Thanks for visiting and always enjoy to read your comments,
till next time,









10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Miranda
    I love it when you use the Damask background, you make the colours sing!
    I too love Birds especially the ones that nest in my garden , then let me watch them feeding their young on my Apple tree!
    Beautiful card Miranda and beautiful colours!
    Take care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the techniques you have shared with us Miranda and this is a stunnung creation.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning. And in my favourite colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone . I wish I had you here guiding me and telling me how each step of the way .thanks for the instruction .

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely beautiful miranda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Great colours throughout too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat subtiel aan de ene kant en "bold" aan de andere kant; mooi! Fijn weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning as usual - love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally gorgeous Miranda and I love the different shades of blue and then the touches of yellowy green on the bird and in the background. The technique tile is beautiful and the perfect embellishment. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!