Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 25 July 2015

Elegant black & white and colorful tropical (by Miranda)



Hi there,

Today my last two creations made with the birds of Paradise. All along I had the idea to create something simple only using black, white and a hint of gold. Just a simple but elegant card.
I had this black die cut frame in my stash and decided that it was perfect for this card. I had the feather dies also for quit a while and this was a good time to use them!
I have stamped the bird from ' as free as a bird' with Versafine black and added some accents with a gold ink. I have stamped the tail of the bird onto the die cut flower and coloured with the gold.
On the frame I have added some gold pearl pen accents.

Here you can see the gold ink a little better........



And now onto more colorful tropical spheres.............. quite different...isn't it?

I have used the same die cut feathers and flower. I have stamped the bird from the ' as free as bird' sheet with Archival Olive onto a distress ink background and coloured it with color pencils. I have stamped one of the fragments from the Rustic fragments on the flower and draw the same pattern as on the stamped image on the die cut leaves. I think the flowers look a bit like strawberries!


some gold accents on the tail with ink.......




Thanks for your visit and you know....I always enjoy to read your comments!
Hope to have inspired you with these lovely birdies!

Till next time,


12 comments:

  1. Hello Miranda
    Me again ! I just have to see what you have made today, and the design and colours are so lovely..... they make me smile!
    Thank you
    Take care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work miranda. i love both makes. the flower on the black and white one looks fabulous. the tropical ine is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat zijn dit weer prachtige kaarten! Ook al zijn ze nog zo verschillend, ik zou geen favoriet kunnen kiezen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. The first one is so unusual and I love the touch of gold, gorgeous.
    The second card is also lovely and I see what you mean about the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely gorgeous. The colours on the second card are beautiful and I love the cleanness of the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards Miranda. The first look terrific in black, white and gold and love the flower patterned with the tail feathers of the bird and the pretty die cut frame and feathers, and he second with lots of gorgeous colour and a rustic fragment used on the flower this time are equally lovely and like the use of the tail feathers from the first bird in the top and bottom left hand corners. Such clever ideas which add lots of interest. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Miranda. The first look terrific in black, white and gold and love the flower patterned with the tail feathers of the bird and the pretty die cut frame and feathers, and he second with lots of gorgeous colour and a rustic fragment used on the flower this time are equally lovely and like the use of the tail feathers from the first bird in the top and bottom left hand corners. Such clever ideas which add lots of interest. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful , I would frame them . You must sell these at an art show .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word Miranda what fantastic cards, absolutely beautiful, the black/white and gold one is stunning, and the coloured one is so vivid, love them, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two very different but equally beautiful cards Miranda. I love the elegance of the black and white but the beautiful colours and shading on the second card is also stunning.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!