Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Guest Post- Mackintosh Box by Gerrina Poncin

I would like you to welcome the second of our new Guest Design Team members to make an appearance on the Design Team blog, Gerrina Poncin. Gerrina will be sharing some projects throughout the month on the blog with you, but you can also see her work on her own blog at Gerrina's Creatieve Wereld. Please take a moment to enjoy her beautiful Mackintosh inspired project.

For the first of my Guest Design Team posts this month at Chocolate Baroque, I altered a box that I use to store some stamping tools in. I used the beautiful Mackintosh stamp sets, they are sets that I have used many times before, but they really are some of my favourite sets from Chocolate Baroque...
I also used some of the beautiful quotes from the Artistic Affirmations stamp set. I sponged and coloured it all with Distress Inks and a blending tool and a water brush.

First of all, I glued blue card stock to all sides of the box. Next, I cut the papers to fit on the sides of the box. Then I stamped the images and masked them, before sponging all five papers with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. After removing the masks, I coloured the images with Distress Inks and a water brush. I had so much fun colouring them all. The best bit was to see how it all came together when I glued the pieces on the box!

The Top:




The Sides:
Gerrina

Love the fact that you have altered an already useful item Gerrina, and that it will therefore be on display. Gerrina will be back again soon, but in the meantime, please take time to leave a comment for her.



13 comments:

  1. Lovely altered box Gerina, beautiful use of those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Gerrina and so nice to see you here as a guest designer! xMiranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely makeover of your box with these pretty stamps Gerrina. Look forward to seeing your designs throughout the month.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your box Gerrina, looking forward to seeing your next project
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being a GD Gerrina and this box is beautifully embellished with the Mackintosh stamps and the colours are really lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work Gerrina, and congratulations on being GDT, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks wonderful Gerrina - brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous - but then, I'm a little biased being a Mackintosh myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely project, Gerrina! LOVE it!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ladies for looking and such lovely comments! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful project Gerrina and I love the colours too x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful project Gerrina, Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!