Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 3 September 2015

Having a Spooky Time (by Zoe)



Hi, I'm back with my 3rd, yes 3rd post for Chocolate Baroque, I still need pinching to make sure I'm not dreaming lol.

Today I'm sharing a card and tag I've made using the wonderful Hocus Pocus stamp set, I've loved using these stamps, they are quirky, fun and a tad spooky.

  
My little tag was cut  from 2 layers of a linen texture card and I very simply stamped the cat using a black inkpad. I used watercolour crayons to colour.


For the card I die cut 2 circles, the base being folded to make it stand, all be it a bit rocky.  The top layer was stamped with Versamark ink using the gorgeous Damask background from the Dusky Damask set, I love this set. I then made a mask for the moon, swiped over using PanPastels then removed the mask and placed the negative mask over the moon and used contrasting colours to create a moody atmospheric effect. 

I used a very slightly larger mask to create an outline and used a pencil eraser to make a misty effect around the moon and a few wispy clouds.  I always use my pans on linen card, it gives such a luxurious finish I feel and, once I happy with the colouring, I use very cheap hairspray to seal the PanPastels. 

The witch was stamped with black ink and the little mushrooms and cauldron were coloured with pencils.

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments I've received on previous posts, I really love reading them. I hope I've inspired you to want these fab stamps. Please don't forget to pop back each day to see what the rest of my very talented teamies have created for you.

Bye for now, have a great day xx Zoe xx

9 comments:

  1. Super examples yet again.... Fe has your tag pride of place, on her fireplace. Know she'll love these stamps when she sees them. 😘 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really lovely designs Zoe and the erasing of the pan pastels for the clouds works so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both lovely but I really like the colouring on the round one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag and card designs. I love the linen card you have used on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous makes Zoe, love the images,colours and designs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful , and your instruction is tops especially for me a novice . I'm not big into Halloween but if I was and who knows I could change my mind beca use I love these cards , I would be sorely tempted to purchase ..think everyone looking at this need these stamps . I've got my eye on the damask . Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great to see that the new stamps can be used in a delicate way; beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done with the tags so simple but effective. The round card is fabulous and the instructions on how you did it are top notch. I'm not into Halloween but both these are superb xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!