Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 27 September 2015

Spells and Spooks (by Julie)


Hello, today I have my last two Halloween projects to show you. I have really loved working with these stamps as they are really fun and lend themselves to all sorts of Halloween craftiness.

I have used both Put a Spell on You and Hocus Pocus stamp sets for my first card. It is all just basic stamping with Black Onyx Versafine and coloured in with coloured pencils. The background is Dusty Concord and Stormy Sky Distress ink with a touch of Mustard Seed around the edge of the moon. (I just cut a circle die as a mask for the moon)
The spooky lady has been mounted onto mirri card and the bat motif was partially cut out with scissors before I placed a circle die around it and under the cut out wings.

My second card is very easy and just a bit of fun. All the stamps come from Put a Spell on You and have been stamped with Black Onyx Versafine.
Using Cut n Dry foam I sponged some Fired Brick and Vintage Photo Distress ink through a brick wall stencil before stamping and colouring the cobweb and pumpkins. The sentiment was stamped onto white card, dusted with Antique Linen, cut out and mounted onto black card and  little dots were added to the corners to try and create faux screws.

Many thanks for looking and please call back soon.

Julie xx

6 comments:

  1. Awesome use of stamps. I like how the lady was placed on a mini card. The brick wall stencil adds a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous stamping, I love the colours and designs too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards again; love that frome on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look awesome - I adore these sets and still haven't inked mine up yet - will need to get a wriggle on!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely cards, great for October birthdays (I don't really 'do' Halloween) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stamping work, I love the images and I love the soft colours!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!