Pin It button on image hover

Monday 14 September 2015

Spooky, Drink if you Dare (by Debbie)

 
Hi.
My inspiration for todays projects comes from all the bottles that are being decorated by people on pinterest. I thought these would look great sitting on the windowsill where the visiting children will see them.
The bottle were bought from the pound shop and the straws were included.
 
 
I didn't want to add lots of texture but wanted bright colours that couldn't be seen through.
 
The first was the orange bottle and I prepared it with clear gesso, waited for it to dry and applied the Dylusions Squeezed Orange paint. I stamped onto the dry paint with Black Archival with stamps from Put a Spell on You. As I had waited over twenty four hours for the drying process, I decided to try painting the Fresh Lime and Crushed Grape directly to the bottle.  I was delighted to see the paint didn't puddle and gave great coverage.The witch on the green bottle is from the Hocus Pocus stamp set. For the grape coloured bottle I stamped onto a die cut label  and attached with ribbon. A little twine was added to the neck of each bottle and I used stamps from each set to decorate the straws with circles of card.
 
 
For the card I cut a circle as a moon mask and applied the two colours with soft bristle brushes. Both sets of the stamps mix so well together.
 
Many thanks for visiting
Debbie

6 comments:

  1. The grandchildren ( my little cherubs ) would love these

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super ideas for Halloween Debbie and the card is lovely with all the different stamps and blended ink background. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the bottles in Home Bargains mam 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun bottles and a beautiful soft-spooky card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the colours and those bottles are such a super idea and so cute xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects marvelous colours on your bottles, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!