Pin It button on image hover

Friday 18 September 2015

Spooky Stampbord Domino Book (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a little domino book made with Stampbord and this months fabulous new stamps.   I've used stamps from Hocus Pocus and Put a Spell on You, you can find both sets here and even better they are on special offer too!


I began by taking two Stampbord dominos (you can find them here) and applied Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Pain randomly with cut and dry foam. I stamped the images and added colour with Derwent Colorsoft pencils before triple embossing with clear embossing powder. I used a gold krylon pen to edge the stampbord.

Next I cut a strip of white card from a 12x12 sheet and used my Stampbord to mark the size so that it was just a couple of millimetres smaller than the domino. I coloured the card with the same colours of distress ink and got busy stamping lots of different images from the new stamp sheets and again coloured with my pencils, adding a few white highlights here and there.
Tip: use a little diluted bleach to remove colour from areas you want to be white and if you need to go over the area with a white pen.

 I scored the card strip at 1" intervals and concertina folded it all before attaching the covers. Don't forget to add the ribbon to fasten the little book before you attach the covers to the strip.


Here's another pic of the cover



Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. Really lovely! Beautiful project - and the stamps are just perfect for extending and creating scenes.

    I got some Stampboard but have not tried it yet. Might give it a go this weekend and perhaps make a pendant. You have inspired me to dig it out xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project, so imaginative, the colours and stamps are just so perfect for this project xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours and the mix of stamps for this domino book Claire, a beautiful piece of work. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulously spooky and fun idea . Awesome colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous project, lovely, must have taken a long time to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project, love the colours and all the images, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling project. I love this design and the colours. Those stamps are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours! And a real treat to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!