Pin It button on image hover

Friday 16 October 2015

A couple of cards (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a couple of cards made with some of this month's new releases. As always Lesley has released some beautiful stamps and this first card is made using stamps from both Gingerbread Christmas and Exquisite Edges

I love these ornate edge stamps and I thought this one had a look of mistletoe so I decided to create a Christmas card. I stamped the edge four times on kraft card with Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. I cut them out and layered them up with 3d foam pads to create a frame. The focal image is from Gingerbread Christmas, again stamped with versamark on kraft card and embossed with white EP. I  stamped the sentiment with  Festive Berries distress ink and used the same ink with a waterbrush to add a little colour to the rest of the image.  I stamped snowflakes from the same stamp set into the corners and again embossed them with white. Once my frame was in position, I added little red pearls and created faux stitching with a white pen. I made some little candy cane 'kisses' by stamping the candy canes onto kraft card with red ink and using a white pen to colour the open areas.

My second card is made using stamps from Owl Edges and Walnut Stain distress ink. 


I began by very lightly applying distress ink to the top 1/3 of the card with a shaving brush, then I masked the moon and hills using copier paper masks and intensified the colour. I inked in a couple more hills, making each slightly lighter.

I stamped the bullrushes stamp across the foreground using both first and second generation stamping. Next I stamped the branches and the owl and used a waterbrush to colour the owl. I inked around the edges and added some string and a little brass owl charm.

These are such lovely stamps to use, I hope you're enjoying all the inspiration from my teamies this month, keep popping back as they've got lots more beautiful projects lined up too.
Claire xx


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Claire and I adore the exquisite edges and gingerbread Christmas used on kraft card with the red and white, just so different and pretty, and the owl on the branch with that beautiful background scene is just lovely in the sepia tones. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! absolutely wonderful Claire,both cards are brilliantly designed and coloured, the images you've used are so beautiful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful Clare - I especially love the owl scene - beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such rich colours on the first one, and so serene the second - love 'em both :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Verry festive and a bit folkloristich that first card! Great sponging and scene on your second one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!