Pin It button on image hover

Friday 2 October 2015

Twit Twooooo (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with my first sample created using this month's new stamps. As always the stamps are a real joy to work with. This morning's card features some of the stamps from Owl Edges.


This was a very quick card to make using white cardstock and a Vintage Photo Inkpad. I began by lightly dusting some ink over the top half of the card with a stencil brush. Then I masked the moon and tore a paper mask for the hills and dusted more ink around the moon. I carried on creating the background by moving the paper mask down and dusting ink over to create the hills.

Next I stamped the branch and owl and used a water brush with a little more ink to colour the image. I stamped the bullrushed at the bottom of the card using first and second generation stamping. Next I distressed the edges with a craft knife and applied some more ink using an ink blending tool. 

To finish off I've added some twine and a little owl charm.
My teamies have created some stunning projects with this month's new stamps so don't forget to keep checking back for more inspiration.


Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. Love this Claire, great in the sepia colours xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I need to try these colors , what a cute card . Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda spooky-looking and very atmospheric. I can see those owls being most useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful. Masking is done so well and I love the monochromatic colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, this is gorgeous, well I love owls and your design is fab, I think coloured in the brown shades give it a haunting look, brilliant inspiration, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these monochromatic sepia tones and a single owl from the edges stamp is great with that very pleasing scene Claire. I love the added twine and owl charm too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning scene! Love the owl like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely little scene with the owl watching over his nighttime domain! Beautiful monochrome inking.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!