I hope that you like this fun project. We need some summery florals to brighten up these darker winter days.
- Flowerhead stamps (Mesh Centre, Daisy Ring and Dotty Centre), Leaf from Tall Trees stamp set
- Dye based inkpads suitable for fabric (black and dark blue)
- Alcohol ink pens (citrus greens, yellow, pinks, orange, greenish blues and turquoise)
How to do it:
- Wash and dry the item thoroughly and do not use conditioner.
- Place some scrap paper under the shirt to absorb any ink that may bleed through. Stamp the Flowerheads with black ink and the leaves in blue ink.
- Colour the images with alcohol ink pens. Note: it is not possible to get controlled colouring and blending as the ink instantly sucks into the fabric. I used absorbent cartridge paper underneath to take up the excess ink (keep the stained paper to create backgrounds on your cards – it looks quite pretty). I used the lighter more transparent colours for the main colour fill (so as not to obscure the stamp detail), then added accent shading with the darker colours.
- Leave overnight for the inks to ‘set’ into the fabric. Iron fix with a dry iron (at the hottest setting that your fabric will tolerate) to make the images and colouring permanent and washable.