Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Festive Interlude (by Asha)

Good morning, fellow Chocoholics. I know you are loving the new stamps Flowerhead stamps. They  are seriously gorgeous and I cannot wait to get them inked up.  However, with under a month left to get your Christmas cards in the mail,  I believe a little Festive Interlude is in order.

Today I am revisiting Chocolate Baroque's older Christmas stamps to make a couple of shaker cards.  These are quick projects - NO fancy inking, blending or colouring BUT guaranteed to get squeals of delight from the recipients.

My first project showcases the Peace On Earth set. I heat embossed the image with WOW Ebony Embossing Powder and stamped the greeting with VersaFine Majestic Blue. To give a little depth, I inked the around the image with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. I added a few pale sequins in the shaker window and mounted the whole piece on sparkly silver card stock. To finish, sheer blue ribbon tied in a knot.

For my second card I stamped the snow covered cottage from the Snowy Scenes stamp set with VersaFine ink and lightly sponged around the image with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. The shaker element is the window in a die-cut ornament. I stencilled the scripty background with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink directly on the card base and adhered the ornament shaker piece on it. The sentiment is from Christmas Magic released last year.


I hope you are inspired to use some of your small stamps from your large sheets to create these whimsical and fun cards. And, it is so satisfying to breathe new life into much-loved older stamps.

Be sure to stop by soon for more fun makes from the rest of the DT. As always, details of full list of supplies used is available on my blog.

Beijinhos,
Asha

9 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards Asha, love them both, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning makes Asha - really beautiful! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 fabulous Christmas designs Asha, really beautiful
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lovely idea Asha! Two beautiful designs, xxMiranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards incorporating shaker elements Asha. The first works well with the biblical scene but I particularly love the bauble with the sweet litle scene inside and the plaid baubles in the background with that lovely sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, ladies. I had fun making and sharing these cards. xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!