Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Oranges and Lemons (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a cheery project to share with you today, one that will hopefully banish the Winter blues, and bring thoughts of warmer days. I have created a card using the new individual Another Brick in the Walled Garden stamp, and created a garden scene.

I drew a square frame onto a piece of kraft card, roughly the size of the walled shutter stamp, and then stamped the orange tree from the Fantasy Woodland stamp set on either side, with the leaves from each tree creeping over the edge of the frame slightly. I created a mask for each tree, and then stamped the small brick texture stamp from the Abstract Fragments stamp set over the background. I then trimmed away inside the frame, cutting around the tree leaves where necessary.

I stamped the walled shutter image onto a spare piece of kraft card, and coloured the images with pencils. I added the foliage to the tree on the main image by colouring the stamp with a water based marker. I added some shading around the edge of the frame with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I adhered the frame to a piece of dark olive card, and trimmed inside the frame, leaving a narrow border of olive green card showing. I then stuck the main image inside the frame. Finally, I added some Glossy Accents to the lemons on the tree.


Keep popping back to see more inspiration from my Design Team mates across the month, Judith xx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Judith and very clever frame. Love the way the olive layer lifts the whole design and using the fruit trees either side is genius!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Judith, the design and colours are fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The walled shutter stamp looks great against that random brick background Judith and I love the way the two trees go over the edges of the stamped topper. I love the use of kraft card and the lemons made shiny with glossy accents. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours and a fun effect with the trees over the panel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!