Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 19 March 2016

A riot of colour (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have more projects to share using the lovely Babushka stamp set. I love to mix and match new stamps with older stamp sets, and I have tried to do that with these projects.

I wanted to create the feel of brightly painted wooden dolls on these cards, so on my first card, I used kraft card throughout, and used a simple colour palette of bright colours. I used a Big Bold background Belle Flowers, to create the background, stamping the image using gold embossing powder. The big stamps are great for creating a background quickly. I coloured the images using alcohol markers.

I cut an oval shape, and stamped a sentiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set, using black ink. Finally, I used some black card to mat the layers.

My second project shows that these stamps can be used all year round, as I have chosen to make a Christmas card using the stamps, and combined them with some trees and snowflakes from the Sparkling Trees stamp set. I have added lots of glitter to the trees, snow and rooftops for a bit of Christmas sparkle. You can find out more about this card on my own blog.

Do keep checking back for more inspiration from my Design Team mates. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. Stunning cards Judith, beautiful colours xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zwei wunderschön gestaltete Karten mit prächtigen Farben.

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Judith and show how versatile this set can be. The dolls look great with that big bold background and then the buildings with the trees make a wonderful winter scene and I love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly gorgeous both, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 beautiful cards, love the flower background on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many possible with this stamps. Beautiful. Janny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! How nice to see Babushka for Christmas too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards Judith! Love the bright cheerfulness of the first one and the unique Christmas card. Both are wonderful!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!