Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 26 March 2016

Babushka Birthday Greetings

Good morning, Claire here with a card made using the lovely  Babushka stamps. I do like to add lots of ribbon and embellishments to cards but with the cost of postage I'm trying to make some 'flat' cards which are more economical to post.


I began with a background from my stash, This one was made using the 'Shaving Foam' technique and acrylic inks. I love this technique but it's rather messy so I tend make a batch of lots of backgrounds to make the mess worth while. I stamped the two Babushka images and masked them to add the background stamps. I coloured them with pencils and stamped the greeting (from Birthday Words) with Black Archival ink. I've simply matted the image on black card and added some faux stitching with a black fineliner pen.

Thanks for visiting today,
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. Great card, love the shaving foam technique xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shaving foam technique for backgrounds too! Love the card you created.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks wonderful - love the idea of stamping and colouring on the shaving foam background - fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to try the shaving foam technique as the background is so pretty Claire and the buildings with the added dolls in the foreground work beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they look beautiful on that delicate background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Claire, I love the background with all those gorgeous swirls and the colouring of the dolls and buildings is brilliant, love ti, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eine schöne Karte, liebe Claire.
    Die Babuschkas vor dem excellenten Hintergrund sind einfach bezaubernd.

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!