Pin It button on image hover

Monday 28 March 2016

Babushka Gifts (by Judith)

Hello everyone, it's my final post of the month using the Babushka stamp set, and I have a couple of gift ideas to share with you today.

I cut a couple of tag shapes from kraft card, making one of them a bit longer, and created a gusset to join to the other tag. I scored  along the middle of the area, and also allowed a small area at the end to join to the back tag.

I coloured a smaller piece of watercolour paper, using Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink, and stamped a small flower from the Spring Bird Daffodil stamp set randomly over the background. I coloured the flowers with pencils. I cut a circular hole out of the background, and a slightly smaller hole from the kraft tag, to create a border inside the circle on the flowery background.

I stamped two of the Babushka dolls onto a spare piece of watercolour paper, and coloured these with pencils, before cutting them out and attaching them to the flowery background. I added a sentiment, and then stuck the back and front tags together at the top with strong double-sided tape. As I did so, I sandwiched the top of the bag of chocolate eggs between the tape.

My second gift is a bit of fun. I make these little bracelets all of the time, using coloured shell and jump rings. I stamped some of the medium sized Babushka dolls onto shrink plastic using Stazon Ink, and then coloured the reverse of the images using alcohol markers. I cut them out and punched holes in the top of each one, before shrinking them with a heat gun. I simply attached them to the bracelet with a jump ring.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx



10 comments:

  1. What fun gift bag as well as to the chain. The krimpie nice to see (netherlands) Krimpie dinkie. Janny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projects Judith, very clever xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous makes Judith, you and the other DTs have offered us so much inspiration with these stamps, thank you, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely gift projects Judith! I love the pretty background on the tag and the Babushka bracelet is so sweet. One of my granddaughters would love that (the other one would prefer a football, lol)!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fun ideas using these stamps Judith and the bag looks great using such beautiful Spring colours, and the little shrink plastic dolls enhance your bracelet so prettily. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judith, beautiful designs, I love the bracelet, so clever and pretty. Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Judith, great ideas and the bracelet is fab
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww I thought the packaging was fab but the bracelet is awesome - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that bracelet :) How wonderfully inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful gifts; I aspecially like the bracelet; such a fun idea to use schrinkplastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!