This was an experiment, which i ended up quite liking....
I started by making a trifold card from a sheet of white A4 card, using my old Groovy card maker, and marked a point 2" up from the bottom of the left hand corner. I marked a diagonal line from this point to the top right hand corner of the second fold.
The backing papers were made next, using distress ink onto a blending mat and spraying with water and mopping up with white card.
As far as I remember, I used wild honey, barn door and peeled paint inks.
Once this was dry, I cut it into 3 panels before stamping.
The buildings were stamped in the centre of one panel and at the bottom of another using vintage photo distress ink, which was then used with a waterbrush to add shading - once it was dry, I added a few white highlights with a pen.
the babushka dolls were first stamped onto masking tissue and cut out, then stamped onto the last piece of background towards the bottom of the card in the centre. I stamped the two smaller dolls first, masked them off, stamping the largest doll behind them.
They were coloured with a waterbrush, this time using wild honey, barn door and vintage photo inks.
I cut the panel with the dolls to fir the width of the card front and glued it down, The tricky bit then was to cut the card on the diagonal line whilst remembering to cut around the dolls - a beheaded mother doll doesn't look good!
I lined the panel with the larger building up behind the dolls before trimming it to fit the second fold of the card, the trimmed the third panel to fit the back of the card.
the colours in the scan of the folded card are the more accurate, the sunlight rather bleached out the colours in the photos.