What's the difference between Babushka and Matryoshka ?
There is no differences if not in the origin of the name, and it is very interesting to read about the tradition and the meaning of these nested dolls. They are special and have their own charm, as the new stamp set of Chocolate Baroque, that inspired me to do this page.
Step by Step
1. Put white gesso randomly on a journaling page.
2. Colour here and there with Distress Crayons using black and white and Hickory Smoke.
3. Wipe with baby wipes.
4. Repeat points 2 and 3 till you are happy with the result.
5. Stamp with Distress Inkpad Ground Espresso the houses of Babushka stamp set.
6. Stamp with Versafine Onyx Black some grass of the Floral Edges stamp set.
7. Colour with Distress Broken China through a stencil pattern between the houses.
8. Colour randomly with white embossing paste or white gesso mixed with gold embossing powder or gold Stickles through Mini Gothic Romance stencil to lighten.
9. Stamp with Versafine on a separate cardstock the babushka dolls, colour them and cut out the figures.
10. Cut out some pictures of Moscow in a suitable size.
11. Stamp the sentiment with black Versafine and glue the dolls, the sentiment and the pictures on the journaling page.
Have fun with the cute Babushka set!