I created this one by recycling the clear packaging from the Flowering Baroque Heart clear stamp. Alternatively it could be stamped onto acetate using black Staz-On ink.
- Image from the clear packaging coming with the Flowering Baroque Heart stamp
- 6X6 inch card blank, pink and black plain card
- Alcohol ink pens (teal, pinks, orange)
- Gilding flakes (gold mix) and acrylic glue
- Gilding wax (light and dark coppery gold)
- Stickles glitter glue (Diamond)
- Stick on faux brads (black)
- Ribbons (teal and pink)
- Embossing folder
How to make it:
- Cut out the image from the packaging and colour the back with alcohol pens leaving the background clear.
- Paint over the coloured areas with white gesso. This gives an opaque background to the translucent alcohol inks. Note: you need to work fairly quickly without over brushing the gesso as it will lift some of the colour from the inks. Leave to dry.
- Apply a thin layer of acrylic glue to the back of the image and cover with gilding fakes, pressing down lightly. Leave to fully dry overnight. Once dry brush off excess flake with a sponge. Edge with a black alcohol marker and mount onto pink card (with acrylic glue) to frame the topper.
- Use the embossing folder to emboss the black card. Lightly apply gold gilding wax to the raised edges. Trim and glue to pink card.
- Wrap the panel with ribbon and glue onto the card front. Attach topper with 3D foam pads for dimension.
- Finish with a few dots of glitter glue on the flowers, add faux brads and ribbon bow.