Pin It button on image hover

Friday 23 September 2016

Brusho Journal pages (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a project that is a departure from my usual projects today. We are exploring texture on the Design Team Blog this month, and I decided to create a two page journal spread, using layers to give a feeling of texture to the pages.

I started by sprinkling Brushos onto the pages, (which I had placed newspaper underneath, so that I could keep the rest of the journal dry), and then spritzed the pages with water. I used two large spare pieces of watercolour paper to blot the pages, so that the excess water did not run everywhere, and I now have two extra pieces of background for later.

I added some stencilling with both Distress Ink and white paint. I chose to use in particular Three Quarter Face, and added a stamped image from the Texture Fragments stamp set below to give the suggestion of a lacy dress. I also added an image from the Tangled Fragments stamp set to build up the background layers.

Finally, I added sentiments from the Positive Pants and Rockstar Diva stamp sets.

Keep checking back for more colourful inspiration from my Team mates. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages Judith. Genius use of the lace Stamp!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages Judith. Genius use of the lace Stamp!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous double journal page Judith and I adore the colours. The lacy fragment looks great for the top of the dresses and finishes each image beautifully. The other images you have stamped in the background are pretty embellishments, and the lovely words are the perfect finishing touch. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant pages Judith, the images and colours are fabulous and some lovely words, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous AJ pages! Love the background with these fresh colours and it's a so clever idea using that stamp to make a piece of dress and finish the image of the woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love this stencil and it fits her beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!